Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Whistle while you work...


I work at Luke's Kitchen in Maplewood New Jersey.
It is tiny.
11 tables.
It is also a dream come true.

The chef/ owner has been a friend of mine for 6 years. He is an amazing chef with an incredible background. Simple food, done perfectly.

But that doesn't tell the whole story.

I work alone in the front of the house...wearing my normal clothes, listening to my music, serving people in my style. It's a revelation.

I've spent the last several years in management at some pretty big restaurants. They were great...I learned a lot. But somewhere, I stopped enjoying it. I got in this business because I didn't want to wear a suit and sit at a desk and I spent way too much time doing just that.

So, now I get to welcome people into my home each day. And I love it. So come check it out...I think you just might like it.

That was the self-promotion portion of this blog...please forgive me.

No comments: