Sunday, March 14, 2010

You've got to know when to hold em'...

So...I lost a bet.

A stupid bet.

I am a fool.

And now, for five long and agonizing days...

I will be a vegetarian.

No juicy steaks. No greasy burgers. No crispy fried chicken or overflowing pastrami sandwiches. No stuffed trotters or pork belly. No foie gras, chicken livers or duck confit. No pulled pork sandwiches, ribs or buffalo wings.
Not even sushi.

I have chosen poorly. And the timing...St. Patty's Day. Corned beef and cabbage. Not for me.

Thanks, Liz.

Stupid bet.

4 comments:

konberg said...

I actually came around the restaurant this afternoon with a BBQ chicken wrap just to say "Mmm... MMM! You wanna bite?" Now, there's a word for people like that, and that word is "jackass." But I think you would have taken it well. At least I thought so until I realized you closed the restaurant just to avoid being around meat. :)

Just think about how by having five days of eating healthy you can have double meat for another five. Or, a 6x extravaganza from, say, the Portuguese restaurants in Newark.

Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

And we were going to invite you over for meat pies, meat on a stick and endless swords of meat...in that order.

Katherine C said...

You'll live. Erik & I have been experimenting with meatless Mondays, for environmental and health reasons. Take the opportunity to try out some tasty vegetarian restaurants and dishes! Apparently someone really likes these chickpea cutlets: http://yeahthatveganshit.blogspot.com/2008/02/veganomicons-chickpea-cutlets.html

human_ortolan said...

Thanks for the encouraging words...and the teasing from all my friends. I figure it won't be too bad. And I am sure I will feel a little better at the end of it. But I do love my meat so...